TEDxRVA 2016 ARTFUL is ready to go. The speaker lineup has been set. The performers have been selected. The interactive elements are planned. The food choices are lined up. All that’s left is for Richmond to be there!
TEDxRVA final lineup for speakers for ARTFUL:
- Interdisciplinary Artist John Freyer
- Systems Biologist Stefan Bekiranov
- Juvenile Justice Activists Gina Lyles and Trey Hartt
- Burlesque Performer Moxie LaBouche
- Drug Intervention Specialist Bill Maher
- Educator Dr. Makola Abdullah
- Soul Care Advocate Sheila Battle
- Human Rights Activist John Dau
- Psychologist Danielle Dick
- Community Advocate Ted Elmore
- Trauma Informed Care Specialist Allison Jackson
- Special Needs Advocate Pam Mines
- Rehabilitation Engineer Dr. Peter Pidcoe
- Architectural Historian Robert Russell
- Perfumer Holladay Saltz
- Educator and Choreographer Dr. Gaynell Sherrod
- Performing Artist Jessica “Culture Queen” Smith
- Sound Artist Stephen Vitiello
TEDxRVA, now in its fourth year, will be held on Friday, April 8 from 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. at the Carpenter Theatre at Dominion Arts Center. Andy Stefanovich will return as the event’s curator and host. As in previous years, the conference will feature a central theme and, like themes of the past, this year’s is elegant in its simplicity: ARTFUL.
In the words of TEDxRVA organizers, “ARTFUL is a way of perceiving, a way of doing, an effect. Through being ARTFUL we are led by passion; we contribute value and bring about a healthier, more fulfilled society.”
Tickets are available online and at the Dominion Arts Center box office for $50. If you can make it to the box office, it will be worth the trip, as you will save up to $13 in ticketing fees.